Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Beloved Amazima & Katie Davis

Do you know how much I love the ministry of Amazima?!

The first time I ever met Katie Davis or heard her stories of the girls she adopted and the children she helped feed I woke up in the middle of the night, just SOBBING! I knew this cry wasn't a normal cry but one that was a heart cry. I knew with this cry that God wanted me to some how be involved with what she was doing over there. But would she also feel this way? Would this incredible young lady want to partner with our mission sending agency to send help? Did she even need or want our help? Would she trust us and believe our heart was completely for her and this ministry? All I knew that I could do was just ask....

Thankfully God had truly set this up and Visiting Orphans gets to send the most wonderful people of God to help bring donations, feed and teach these amazing children about the love of their Abba Father. Won't you come and be a part of this with us?! We have a trip this December to Uganda and many more in 2011. All scheduled perfectly with Amazima so that we can serve and lead a vacation bible school for the children in both her program and in the Karamajong tribe. All I can say is "thank you God for allowing us to even be a minute part of what Katie is doing there." Thank you for her example of sacrifice, abandonment and inspiration. You can read more about Katie and the Amazima ministry on her blog at http://kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com.

I am so thankful to be a part of this...

(to hear the video you will need to stop the music on the music player below right.)

1 comment:

  1. I would love to be a part of one of these trips. I read Katie's blog and am so inspired by her ministry and her heart for God. I will be in prayer about this. I am switching churches and don't know what plans they have for a mission trip next year. And who knows, I might fall in love with Honduras and want to go back there. I'm sure that's likely...maybe I can do both? :) We'll see what God has in store.

    ReplyDelete