Thursday, July 22, 2010

We Must Be in Heaven!


I received an email this morning entitled "We Must Be in Heaven!" from our July Africa team leader, Kari Gibson. Here was the letter and a photo I received of the team. What an encouragement to hear good news from a distant land!

Dear Amanda,

I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for allowing me the great honor and priviledge of leading this remarkable team to Africa. I truly have no words to express to you the AMAZING TEAM I am with. I have truly never watched a team come together and bond and love and serve one another. I have been blown away!!!!!!!!! They have gone over and beyond what I have ever watched a team minister to children. Its God breathed. They are taking their gifts, talents and passions and pouring them all over the children at every project we have visited. I have watched the team unite and come together for a real purpose. We wept (ugly cry) at My Father's House and school celebration. We are overwhelmed with the reality of what it means to simply love orphans. There has been an outpouring of everything you would have wanted the team to do for children.

YOU WILL LOVE REBECCA!!! What she planned for our team was so remarkable, I really can't even describe it to you. The celebration was unlike anything I have ever seen in my life or ever will experience. I can't wait to show you photos and the videos.

You will need to make the stop at My Father's House/school, Return Ministries and living at Caanan's Home a fixed agenda year after year. I could spend years here with these 3 ministries and still never tap into the miracles I have witnessed in only 2 short days.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for the remarkable job you have done for our team. Every single moment has been a blessing. My life has changed forever serving with Visiting Orphans!!!!

BTW- the team may not get on the plane on Aug. 1st We just might try and stay here forever:))) What's even more crazy... we haven't even been to Ethiopia and my heart is sooo full to the brim. WOW the rest will just be overflow.

Pastor Isaac is organizing our time at King Fisher Lodge and the nile boat ride. We cant wait!!!

Ohhh yayyy and I get to meet Katie Davis, my hero in 24 hours. Pinch me!

Love you,

Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment